Monday, November 29, 2010

the perfect lipgloss

When I was a kid, I got introduced to good makeup thanks to my dad. Just to clarify, it's not a Chandler Bing situation. It's just that as a portrait photographer, my dad likes to have good makeup on hand so he can touch-up his subjects with colors that he knows will work well on-camera.

When I was in high school, my dad started buying Lancôme Juicy Tubes to have around the studio. After trying out a few colors, he decided Beach Plum was his favorite. I really love it, too. What I've discovered about Beach Plum is that it really is the most perfect color for an all-around lipgloss. I have a few sparkly ones that I like to use for parties or going out, but if I were to only have one lipgloss, it would be Beach Plum.





Why? I'll tell ya. Beach Plum is a kind of muted cranberry. It's soft enough to work for fall and winter but colorful enough to work for spring and summer. With one coat, it's shiny & light for daytime. A second coat makes it radiant for night time. Plus it goes on easy and is soft & shiny.


Photos courtesy of Lancôme

order a tube =)


What's your favorite lipgloss?

No comments:

Post a Comment