Tuesday, February 14, 2012

airport yoga

Do you practice yoga? I've taken classes and followed DVD guides for a few years now, and recently I made the big investment and signed up for my first month-long membership at a local yoga studio, Yoga 101. From what I understand, it's not Bikram, though it has some Bikram influences. The room is very hot, just the same— around 100ยบ! I really enjoy it. It helps me clear my head a bit and it's so physically intense. Sometimes during class drops of sweat fall from my body to the mat (which, particularly during lying-down poses, I cover with a towel) and I frequently see beads of sweat running down my legs! I wear only tiny cotton stretchy shorts and a tank top or a sports bra, and when I'm finished everything is drenched in sweat. It's awesome!

I recently read about the San Francisco airport's new yoga room. How cool is that?! The airport is a wonderful place for yoga, since people can get so cramped on airplanes. I think it's particularly cute that they had to come up with their own icon for the yoga room, since there wasnt yet one in the international guide of airport pictograms.


via Runmem

No comments:

Post a Comment