Monday, March 21, 2011

ahhh... spring!

Deep breath— I am so ready for this. Crazy to think that this is my last spring of college. But I feel so rejuvenated. I spent most of my spring break in a floaty strapless sun dress, letting the sun bake my shoulders. Yesterday, my drive through Indiana was inspirational, to say the least. At one point, I found myself on a winding road. On my left: a sweeping field, a hillside dotted with brown and black cows, and even little calfs. On my right: a line of innumerable white sycamores, their bark standing boldly in the setting sunlight, the repetition of the white branches mesmerizing. And in my rearview mirror: the sun, perfectly centered over the road, a massive globe in a deep, rich, radiating pink-orange. It was so perfect, it would have been a waste to try to take a picture.

Just for kicks, though, here are some images I shot last spring and summer.





photos by Shanti Knight

And a couple of perfect quotes:
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
-Albert Einstein

"Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty, if only we have the eyes to see them."
-John Ruskin

No comments:

Post a Comment